What is a job application form?
A job application form is an information template which asks the candidates about their past experiences, education, business goals, hobbies, expectations, skills, contact information etc. There are questions asked by the employer; also there are blanks under the questions. The candidates answer the questions; so by this form, the employers can get the information which they directly want to know. The job seekers almost always have to complete an application form after they have applicate the job with CV and cover letter. This may be seen as direct and detailed information; through an application form; the employers evaluate the candidates more directly and according to the job requirements.
A Sample of an Application Form
If you prepare a job application form, you can review the some samples. An application form generally includes:
- In the instruction part, there is personal information; full name, street address, state, city, zip code, mail address, phone number etc.
- Then the questions follow the contact information part. The questions may be related to the personal situations; age, goals, relatives, experiences, crimes etc.
- After this part, generally candidates answer the questions related to the position. Employers measure the candidates; if the position availability and the person expectations/conditions are compatible or not.
- Prepare the education, experience part
- The questions about the employment experiences
- Some references
- Signature and date- Candidates guarantee that the information they gave with the application form is true.
See an example: https://www.thebalance.com/job-application-form-sample-2061607
How to create an Application Form?
There are some programs for creating an application form but the easiest way for it is using a prepared template! There are many various templates for using an application form. With a form template, you can create your application form in very short time. If you are a job seeker, you may also use a form template and strengthen your answers with practice; the first impression is very important for reaching your job goals. Many websites offers different application forms free of charge. You should pass the very easy steps and then download your form template.
Points to note in Application Form
The candidates shouldn’t write any inaccurate information. This may cause a serious problem and the candidate may seem unreliable at the beginning. The job seekers should be attentive to use powerful expressions like achieved, discipline etc. If you are a candidate, you may see some other tips below:
- Define yourself as powerful and in positive words: effective, determined, enthusiastic, disciplined etc.
- Answer the questions directly, stay away from uncertainty as much as possible
- Choose the some achievements that can strengthen you in the application form
- You should show that you are willing and enthusiastic for the position
- Check your grammar and spelling after completing the application form
By a job application form the candidates can express themselves strongly and the employers can get useful information about the job seekers.