WHY TO LEARN ENGLISH?
Knowing English can greatly improve your life. Imagine: knowing it, you can
- access a lot of interesting information,
- talk with interesting people from different parts of the world,
- get a better job,
- surprise everyone with your education.
Why to learn it?
In our time, English can be called the language of communication.
- About one and a half billion people speak English and many people study it.
- 75 percent of letters and postcards in the world are sent by people are in English.
- Almost all international conferences and competitions are held in English.
If you know English, you have new opportunities in communication. You will be able to
- contact people from all over the world,
- communicate in discussion groups,
- correspond by e-mail or skype.
- It will also be easier for you to travel, because English is spoken in more than 100 countries. You can always ask for help and you will never be lost.
- Who knows, maybe someday, knowledge of the language will save your life!
Types of verbs in English
The verb is the main member of the sentence. Without the verb, we would not have known the actions, even the most famous ones, like to walk or to read. The verb is very necessary in our lives; without a verb, we could not normally speak!
English is famous with its verbs.
There are so many verbs in English, that they are splitted in many groups.
Below are the types of verbs in English.
- Action verbs – show some kind of action;
- State Verbs – show a state of being;
- Main Verbs – can stand by themselves in a sentence;
- Helping Verbs – are used with main verbs;
- Regular Verbs- form the past tense with a rule;
- Irregular Verbs – form the past tense not obeying any rules;
- Transitive Verbs – transfer their action to someone or something;
- Intransitive Verbs– do not transfer their action to anyone.
MOST COMMON REGULAR AND IRREGULAR VERBS LİST
Regular verbs are the verbs that form the past tense with the additional “-d,” “-ed”, “-ies” at their end. All of the regular verbs follow this rule, unlike the irregular ones which get a specific form when forming the past tense. Below is the most common regular verbs list in English:
COMMON IRREGULAR VERBS LİST
The other name of irregular verbs is strong verbs. The strong verbs do not follow the normal pattern when forming the past tense. Below is the list of most common irregular verbs:
Have fun learning the most commonly used regular and irregular verbs, and phrases from our verbs list to improve yourself in this worldwide famous language – English!