WHAT IS A RESIGNATION LETTER?
The resignation letter is mainly used within the workplace to give up a certain position within a company or at the job.
The concept of “Work for a lifetime” is no longer used as in past years, professionals are currently seeking to gain experience through different jobs that help them grow professionally and achieve a corporate position in an important organization.
- When a worker feels that he has achieved everything he wanted in a company, and that there is not the same motivation he had when starting his work, it is time to look for new horizons. The best way to leave a job in the best and warmest terms, is to write a letter of resignation.
TIPS FOR WRITING AND EDITING A PROFESSIONAL RESIGNATION LETTER
- Resignation letter length
- There is no letter of resignation more than one page.
- Font and size
- Use a traditional font such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Calibri. Your writing size should be between 10 and 12.
- A resignation letter must be a single spaced paragraph and spaced between each paragraph. 1 ” margin and align the text to the left.
- Be sure to arrange your resignation letter before mailing. If you have a letter of resignation, ask your career counselor or friend to check.
- Email or post?
- It is always best to resign face-to-face and give a resignation letter afterwards. However, if the facilities do not allow you to speak face-to-face with your manager and you need to tell them immediately, you can send them a resignation email.
HOW TO WRITE A RESIGNATION LETTER?
You should first report your resignation in your letter and indicate the last day you will work for the company.
You should continue to explain in your letter why you are going to leave your work and thank you for the work you have earned.
You can say that you feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with your supervisor and co-workers at this company. If you name it, do not forget to mention some of them; your office team may be aware of your resignation letter. If possible, say that you can do your hand to compensate for your absence in the transitional period; For example, you can work with the staff to come to your place for a while and help you get used to the new position.
Finish your letter by conveying your best wishes and saying that you hope not to break your deal with the company.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND A RESIGNATION LETTER TEMPLATE?
If you are leaving your current job, but do not want to get your relationship bad with your director and co-workers, we would advice you reviewing some samples and templates of this letter and only after that start writing it.
There are lots of resignation letter template available online, so do not ever worry. Below are the best websites with resignation letter templates and examples.
- The Balance – thebalance.com
- CareerFaqs – careerfaqs.com
- Monster – monster.co.uk
- Monster – monster.com
- Business news Daily – businessnewsdaily.com
After reviewing a few examples, get your resignation letter template and start filling it out as polite as possible.